We know you are busy and may not always have time to tack and untack your horse.
We can offer:
Have your horse tacked up for a specific time, please make sure your gear is neatly arranged and clean. Any tack deemed too dirty, in disrepair or unsafe will not be used.
Tack up includes a basic groom, which should always be done prior to riding as a matter of your daily grooming routine.
Basic grooming involves:
- Brushing the whole of the body in the direction of the hair growth to remove mud and dust using a variety of brushes depending on the horses coat
- Picking out the feet and painting with hoof oil
- Tidying the mane and tail with a brush.
- Wiping out ears, eyes, nose and under tail with a warm damp cloth.
Tack up involves:
- Fitting the saddle, surcingle and bridle to your horse
- Bandages and boots as directed
- Handing your horse over to you, ready to ride
- Please note the girth will not be overtightened and you will ALWAYS need to check your girth before mounting.
- Equisaage fitted for 20-25min prior to tacking up your horse.